National Night Out Celebration Date Moved In The City of Dunkirk

Tag: 夜上海论坛UO

first_imgShare:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) WNY News Now File Image.DUNKIRK — The City of Dunkirk’s National Night Out Committee has moved the date of its annual National Night Out Celebration this year due to COVID-19.Officials say Night Out is now slated to happen on Tuesday, Aug. 25 with an alternate date for Tuesday, Sept. 1. National Night Out is traditionally on the first Tuesday in August.The Committee says they do not want to cancel the program but in order to keep everyone safe they will require that masks be worn by everyone in attendance and that social distancing is practiced. They will have safety precautions in place and theyt will separate the picnic tables around Washington Park so there is distance between citizens and families during the evening and they will keep them separated for the usual Movie that they end the night with.Police Officers and Firefighters will be on location and they will interact in a safe way with all that attend. The Night Out Committee wants to thank all people that come out for the event every year and we look forward to seeing all of you again this year and ask everyone to help them have a safe event.last_img read more


Tag: 夜上海论坛UO

first_imgPeople’s Consultative Assembly (MPR) speaker Bambang Soesatyo has urged the Education and Culture Ministry to reassess its decision to allow the reopening of schools in regions still deemed vulnerable to COVID-19 transmission.He called on the government to prioritize the health and safety of students and teachers, saying that the ministry should have consulted with the national COVID-19 recovery committee and epidemiologists before allowing in-person learning to resume in “yellow zones”.“I urge the government, in this case the Education and Culture Ministry, to thoroughly reassess its policy, and to take into account the feedback from the national COVID-19 recovery committee so as to prevent new COVID-19 [infection] clusters,” Bambang said in a written statement on Monday, as quoted by kompas.com. In-person learning, he said, should serve as a last resort only if remote learning proved to be unfeasible.He went on to say that yellow zones, or moderate-risk areas, could potentially turn into areas with higher transmission risks, namely orange or red zones, without strict adherence to existing health protocols.The ministry has previously issued a joint ministerial decree (SKB) along with the Religious Affairs Ministry, the Health Ministry and the Home Ministry that allows the reopening of schools in regions designated as green and yellow zones.Read also: Decision to reopen more schools draws ire from teachers Education and Culture Minister Nadiem Makariem said on Friday that school reopening in green and yellow zones must be done in compliance with the procedures established by the local COVID-19 task force in the respective regions.“In-person learning in green and yellow zones is permitted as long as the local COVID-19 task force gives its approval,” Nadiem said.“Schools may not resume in-person learning if there’s no approval from the local administration or parents.”He noted a number of online learning hindrances that had made the process less than optimal for students, teachers and parents alike, such as lackluster access to decent internet connection and increased psychological pressure due to isolation.The Federation of Indonesian Teachers Associations (FSGI) criticized the new policy, saying that the change risked creating new infection clusters at schools. The group has received reports of at least 180 teachers and students from across the nation who have tested positive for the virus.Official data shows 57 percent of Indonesian students currently live in red and orange zones, while the remaining 43 percent are in green and yellow zones across 276 cities and regencies. (rfa)Topics :last_img read more


Tag: 夜上海论坛UO

first_imgAn Indian drug company, criticized by activist groups opposed to the death penalty, has pledged to stop selling chemicals used for lethal injections to American correctional facilities. Kayem Pharmaceuticals, which sold thiopental sodium to correctional facilities in Nebraska and South Dakota, announced: “In view of the sensitivity involved with sale of our Thiopental Sodium to various Jails/Prisons in USA and as alleged to be used for the purpose of Lethal Injection, we voluntary declare that we as Indian Pharma Dealer who cherish the Ethos of Hinduism ( A believer even in non-livings as the creation of God) refrain ourselves in selling this drug where the purpose is purely for Lethal Injection and its misuse.”Kayem was targeted by the London-based Reprieve, which fights the death penalty. A death row inmate in Nebraska has also filed a motion challenging the state’s use of Kayem’s drug, as it is not registered with the Food and Drug Administration. Correctional officials in U.S. states that administer the death penalty are reportedly facing difficulty in securing the drug, after its U.S. manufacturer halted production this year  Related Itemslast_img read more