National Night Out Celebration Date Moved In The City of Dunkirk

Tag: 爱上海WI

first_imgShare:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) WNY News Now File Image.DUNKIRK — The City of Dunkirk’s National Night Out Committee has moved the date of its annual National Night Out Celebration this year due to COVID-19.Officials say Night Out is now slated to happen on Tuesday, Aug. 25 with an alternate date for Tuesday, Sept. 1. National Night Out is traditionally on the first Tuesday in August.The Committee says they do not want to cancel the program but in order to keep everyone safe they will require that masks be worn by everyone in attendance and that social distancing is practiced. They will have safety precautions in place and theyt will separate the picnic tables around Washington Park so there is distance between citizens and families during the evening and they will keep them separated for the usual Movie that they end the night with.Police Officers and Firefighters will be on location and they will interact in a safe way with all that attend. The Night Out Committee wants to thank all people that come out for the event every year and we look forward to seeing all of you again this year and ask everyone to help them have a safe event.last_img read more


Tag: 爱上海WI

first_imgAt least 22 activists were abducted during the period. Nine were eventually returned, and 13 remain missing more than two decades later.On Aug. 25, 1998, the Armed Forces (ABRI) – since renamed the TNI – honorably discharged then-Lt. Gen. Prabowo Subianto and removed two Kopassus officers from active duty as punishment for their suspected roles in the abduction of prodemocracy activists.In 1999, the Jakarta High Military Court sentenced the commander of Tim Mawar and all ten of its members to between 12 and 22 months in prison. Five of the members were to be stripped of their positions and discharged from the TNI, including Yulius.However, after they appealed the court’s verdict, none were dismissed.In 2016, four Tim Mawar members – Dadang, Yulius, Fausani Syahrial Multhazar and Nugroho Sulistyo Budi – were promoted to strategic posts in the government.Read also: How democracy diesYulius was promoted to head of the Riau Islands branch of the State Intelligence Agency (BIN), while Dadang was promoted to a position in the BNPT. The appointment of Yulius and Dadang to the Defense Ministry came after Prabowo appointed Chairawan Kadarsyah Kadirussalam Nusyirwan, the former commander of Tim Mawar, as one of the ministry’s special assistants in December of last year.Rights activists lambasted the appointment of the military generals to the positions, with Amnesty International Indonesia executive director Usman Hamid saying that Jokowi had violated his own promises to resolve past human rights abuses in the country.“Instead of bringing the suspects of past human rights abuses to court, the government has placed them in power. Those who are involved in human rights violations should not be given leadership positions in either the military or other structural positions in the government,” Usman said.He demanded that the government immediately investigate past human rights violations, including the cases of the disappeared activists. The government’s lack of commitment in settling the cases, Usman said, would only prolong the culture of impunity.Topics : According to the decree, a copy of which was obtained by The Jakarta Post, former Tim Mawar member Brig. Gen. Dadang Hendrayudha, who previously served as the head of the general affairs bureau at the National Counterterrorism Agency (BNPT) secretariat, will serve as the Defense Ministry’s director general for defense potential.Brig. Gen. Yulius Selvanus, another former member of Tim Mawar who currently serves at the Praja Vira Tama military command post (Korem) in Sorong, Papua, has been appointed to helm the ministry’s strategic defense installation body (Bainstrahan).Read also: Indonesian Military deployed for coronavirus fightThe notorious Tim Mawar was implicated in a series of kidnappings and disappearances of prodemocracy activists between 1997 and 1998, at the tail end of the New Order regime, when now-Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto was heading Kopassus. President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has appointed six military officers to strategic posts within the Defense Ministry, including two former members of the infamous Tim Mawar (Rose Team) of the Army’s Special Forces (Kopassus), which was implicated in the notorious forced disappearances of activists in the late 1990s.Defense Ministry spokesperson Brig. Gen. Djoko Purwanto confirmed the appointments – stipulated by a presidential decree on Wednesday – but said the administrative process was still ongoing.“The inauguration will take place following the approval of the Indonesian Military [TNI] commander,” Djoko said on Friday, referring to TNI commander Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto.last_img read more


Tag: 爱上海WI

first_imgShare Spotlight ups matchday commentary reach and capacity for new EPL Season  August 21, 2020 Related Articles SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 Share Spotlight delivers Racing Post translated services for Pari-Engineering Russia August 26, 2020 Submit StumbleUpon William Hill has called on the British Horseracing Association (BHA) to refund bookmakers after a stewards mistake at Lingfield yesterday left them out of pocket.A foggy meeting saw a photo finish in the 2.55 for third place between the 20/1 Elementary and the 7/1 Sun Angel, with Elementary declared as third. However an inquiry at the end of the meeting found that Sun Angel had in fact pipped Elementary to the line and Judge Graham Ford informed stewards that he wished to change his original decision.On course punters were then informed that the placings had been revised, but confusingly the original result stood for betting purposes because the riders had all weighed in.Punters were understandably annoyed at this and most bookmakers agreed to pay out on each way bets for Sun Angel as well as Elementary, despite being under no obligation to do so.William Hill’s Jon Ivan-Duke told the Racing Post: “Punters shouldn’t have to suffer so we’ll pay out on ‘both’ results on this occasion, but the BHA should refund bookmakers for every error of this nature.“It is entirely the fault of the judge, so why should bookmakers bear the brunt of another sorry saga from British horseracing? Unfortunately, trust in the governing body is at an all-time low and that confidence needs to be restored as a matter of urgency.”BHA media manager Robin Mounsey commented: “We regret that the result was initially called incorrectly. We are aware of the obvious betting implications and are taking this very seriously. A report will be forwarded to the BHA’s head office in order that we can examine all the circumstances and decide what action is necessary.”last_img read more