MyVideo wants your news

Tag: 南京桑拿

first_img18 April 2007South African social networking site MyVideo is venturing into citizen journalism, with the website offering users R1 000 for submitting “compelling, relevant and exclusive video news content”.The website has started accepting videos made using either video camcorders or cellphone technology since Monday, with editors deciding which videos are good enough for the financial reward.Editors will review each video based on several criteria, the most important of which are exclusive and responsible newsworthiness, together with sufficient video and audio quality.“MyVideo was set up to stimulate the exchange of content and views – and we’ve been happy with some of the content so far, especially the controversial FNB anti-crime advertising and the local Cape Town Flashmob activities,” MyVideo chief executive Rowan Polovin said in a statement.“But we want to encourage actively breaking news as it happens. The better cellphones now make that a reality, as the quality of the content is now good enough to MMS or e-mail to us direct,” Polovin said. “So we think a prize will stimulate guerrilla journos to send content in.”According to the company, much has been made of citizen journalists in the past, but no one has provided any financial incentive to encourage it – until now.Submitted clips will be posted on the site once they have been evaluated, while the selected clip will be placed under the category “breaking news”.“We are continually striving to be both innovative and responsible with the services we offer to our subscribers,” Polovin said. “With these new features we are not only showcasing MyVideo but also South Africa.”Jude Mathurine, head of the New Media Lab at Rhodes University, told Business Day on Tuesday that the strategy would sill have to prove itself, as he was not sure it was the best way to attract user-generated content.“If you look at some of the news sites such as Sunday Times and Mail & Guardian that are already attracting user-generated content, it would be difficult for MyVideo to compete,” he said.He further told the paper that it might make more sense for the site to attract the bizarre, crazy and shocking type of content that keeps viewers coming back for more, as opposed to news content that was typically difficult to create.Polovin told Business Day that the company would steer clear of the legal implications of running a news site by having trained editors screen all submitted content before it is made live.SAinfo reporterWould you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo materiallast_img read more


Tag: 南京桑拿

first_imgTiafoe was disappointed he could not stay atop Federer after breaking in the opening game.“He won by the skin of his teeth,” Tiafoe said. “I felt like when I was playing well, I was controlling most of the rallies. When I was hitting the ball big, he wasn’t really doing much except staying steady with me.”But that was enough. Federer has not made a first-round exit in a Grand Slam since the 2003 French Open and has never lost an opener on the New York hardcourts. But Tiafoe tested him.“It was more than a test,” Federer said. “It was exciting. It’s why I came to New York as well, to go through these emotions.”It also was Federer’s first match under the $150 million Arthur Ashe Stadium roof that became operational last year.“To see the new addition of the sliding roof, it’s wonderful,” Federer said. “I’m the lucky guy who got to play through the rain so I’m very happy about the roof.”Asked about the noise level with the roof closed, an issue that drew complaints from top-ranked rival Rafael Nadal, Federer said, “When you guys get going it’s even a better atmosphere than we used to have.”“I expected worse because I heard comments like this. I didn’t think it was that bad and when the crowd got into it, it was really cool… I felt like the energy was back in the building again. It was a lot of fun playing in that atmosphere.”Nadal and Federer have never faced each other at the US Open but could meet in this year’s semi-finals.And Federer is the only player who can dethrone Nadal as world number one at the US Open. WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding Third seed Federer will next meet either Russia’s Mikhail Youzhny, who is 0-16 against him, or Slovenia’s Blaz Kavcic, 0-1 against Federer, as the Swiss chases a record sixth US Open crown.The 36-year-old Swiss, who won this year’s Wimbledon and Australian Open crowns, took the US Open titles from 2004-2008.The intense match came after limited preparation due to his back issues.“I always knew I was going to come in rusty or not great. I was hoping to start better,” Federer said. “I was being too cautious with my movement. In the second set it all started to come together.“I enjoyed myself even though I was maybe tired and nervous at the end. It was cool to be part of that match. I’m really excited I won.”ADVERTISEMENT NEW YORK, NY – AUGUST 29: Frances Tiafoe congratulates Roger Federer of Switzerland after their match on Day Two of the 2017 US Open at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center on August 29, 2017 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City. Clive Brunskill/Getty Images/AFPRoger Federer made a narrow escape in a tense five-set thriller Tuesday, sorting out worries about a back injury and poor preparation to reach the second round of the US Open.The 19-time Grand Slam champion outlasted 70th-ranked US 19-year-old Frances Tiafoe 4-6, 6-2, 6-1, 1-6, 6-4 in a shockingly tough battle that boosted his hopes of a deep run on the New York hardcourts.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Australia proves fertile talent pool for NBA LATEST STORIES UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief “I think this is going to give me a lot of confidence,” Federer said. “It’s important to go through all of these emotional roller coasters early. That pressure is not fun but it’s what you have to go through.”The match was Federer’s first since losing the Montreal final to Alexander Zverev nearly three weeks ago. He withdrew from Cincinnati with a sore back the following week.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“I was worried in the beginning from my back issue from a couple weeks ago but I loosened up,” Federer said, calling his back “extremely well” and adding “it’s only going to get better from here.”“To get through a five-set match you’ve got to be healthy. I believe this is going to give me great confidence in my game and my body.” Read Next Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games MOST READ Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games View commentslast_img read more


Tag: 南京桑拿

first_imgTFA are currently seeking referees to attend the National 18 Years Championships in Coffs Harbour from the 13-16th September 2006.The event showcases the best junior Touch players in Australia and will also be attended by some of the best referee coaches in the country.Referees with a badge level of three and up will be invited to attend the event.State Referees Directors have the necessary information and will be inviting referees from their state to attend.Nominations are only available through the State Director of Referees, not through this website, and nominations must be in by August 10th.  Successful referees will be informed no later than the 17th of August 2006.last_img read more


Tag: 南京桑拿

first_imgChelsea put breaks on Zappacosta’s move to Lazioby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea have stalled Davide Zappacosta’s move to Lazio.The fullback has agreed personal terms with the Romans about a return to Italy.But Sportitalia says Chelsea are holding up the move.That is because they do not want to let him leave on loan with an option to buy, preferring something more definitive.Negotiations will continue and the Aquile are confident of striking a deal during the January transfer window. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more


Tag: 南京桑拿

first_imgEngland FC – Shaping up for Euro 2020by Paul Vegas24 days agoSend to a friendShare the love- the following is a sponsored articleEngland has loads of exciting football action coming up with the Euro 2020 qualifiers around the corner!Gareth Southgate is leading the team through an important year of Euro 2020 qualifiers. Thanks to a string of positive results, the nation believes ‘it’s coming home’ once again. The Three Lions enjoyed great success in 2018. They outplayed almost all of their opponents and reached the World Cup semi-finals.England have made it four wins from four in the European Qualifiers so far. But has Gareth Southgate really identified his best team? The answer might be yes following their latest results. But he still needs to solve the selection dilemmas before next summer’s tournament.The coach has labelled England’s free-scoring frontline as one of the most exciting in world football. However, their struggles in defence lately have shown there are still questions to answer elsewhere in the side.Jordan Pickford undoubtedly has the number 1 spot in the team. With a wealth of full-back options, the centre-back remains a headache for the coach. Michael Keane and Harry Maguire were largely untroubled in England’s last game against Bulgaria. But Southgate will be concerned that Kosovo, a team that is not too strong, was able to cause them so many problems at St Mary’s.Kosovo scored the first goal due to Keane’s misplaced pass. As for Maguire, he was guilty for their third goal, kicking Vedat Muriqi in the box after he failed to clear the ball. The return of John Stones might give Southgate some reassurance about the backline.The Three Lions used the same midfield three against both Bulgaria and Kosovo. Ross Barkley, Jordan Henderson and Declan Rice started both games and proved that they are up for the task. But there are many debates over England’s best midfield.Rice is having a great season so far with West Ham. The player has shown similar promise in many of his early appearances for England. But he tends to lose many balls in build-up play. Southgate does not have many replacements for the holding role either. Harry Winks can possibly count himself unlucky not to have even made it off for the last two games.The passing ability of Harry Winks can give England the kind of control they so often lack against top flight teams. Barkley and Henderson’s places are also the subject of scrutiny, especially with creative players such as James Maddison and Mason Mount.England has an all-star attack! Yes, they really do! They are currently well-stocked in attack with talents, such as Marcus Rashford, Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling. In the last two games, England were deadly in the final third. When Jadon Sancho came on to replace Rashford, he scored his first two international goals. Kane and Sterling’s places are surely guaranteed. But Sancho and Rashford have provided serious competition and make it hard for Southgate to make his team selection.Who would make your best England side for the opener at Euro 2020? Until then, why not practice your footballing skills with MagicalVegas.com. The site brings to you the likes of Supreme Football, Football Star and Football Scratch to name a few. Ready to kick off for some real entertainment? TagsSponsoredAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more


Tag: 南京桑拿

first_imgKentucky male cheerleader appears to obstruct Ocatvius Ellis.Kentucky didn’t have a ton of trouble with Cincinnati Saturday afternoon, as the Wildcats cruised to a 12-point victory to become the first 36-0 team in history. But there was a bit of a controversial moment early in the second half, when a male cheerleader for the school appeared to impede Bearcats star Octavius Ellis from returning to the court. The cheerleader appears to hold onto Ellis as he tries to make his way back to the floor. Judge for yourself. No, it didn’t realistically matter when it comes to the outcome of the game. But it’s still a bit odd.[Lost Lettermen]last_img read more


Tag: 南京桑拿

OSU redshirt sophomore center Trevor Thompson (32) during a game against Maryland on Jan. 31 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU lost 66-61. Credit: Muyao Shen | Asst. Photo EditorOhio State redshirt junior center Trevor Thompson signed with agent Thad Foucher of the Wasserman Group on Tuesday, as first reported by Jeff Goodman.Former Ohio State big man Trevor Thompson told ESPN he has signed with Thad Foucher of the Wasserman Group.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) April 26, 2017The decision by Thompson to sign with an agent officially means that he will not be returning to OSU for his senior season. He had declared his intentions to enter the 2017 NBA draft on March 14.Last season with the Buckeyes, Thompson averaged 10.6 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game. The Buckeyes will now have to find a new starting center between sophomore Micah Potter and incoming freshman Kaleb Wesson. read more


Tag: 南京桑拿

Ohio State then-sophomore forward Tanner Laczynski (9) scores a goal in front of the net against Wisconsin senior goalie Kyle Hayton (33) in the third period on Friday, Feb. 23, 2018 at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio. Ohio State won the game 6-2. Credit: Wyatt Crosher | Lantern ReporterWith strong goaltending and good production on offense, the No. 7 Ohio State men’s hockey team took both games against Colgate for its second sweep of the season.Ohio State (6-3-1, 1-1 B1G) shutout the Colgate Raiders (2-6-1, 0-1-1 ECAC) in its game Friday night 3-0, keeping the scoreless streak going Saturday with a 1-0 win.Game 1After missing both games against Notre Dame, junior forward Tanner Laczynski returned to the lineup for the Buckeyes against Colgate on the third line and scored two goals to help lead Ohio State to victory.The Buckeyes survived an early Colgate power play before junior forward Ronnie Hein scored the team’s first goal. He was assisted by freshman forward Gustaf Westlund, his fourth assist of the season. In the second period, Ohio State failed to convert on both of its power play opportunities. Overall, Ohio State was 0-4 with the man advantage and Colgate didn’t score on its only power play of the night. Laczynski scored the next goal for Ohio State, his third of the season, with less than 20 seconds remaining in the second period.The third period was scoreless until Laczynski added the third Ohio State goal,his fourth of the season, in the empty net with less than 20 seconds remaining in the game.Redshirt senior goaltender Sean Romeo stopped every one of the 19 shots sent his way in his second straight shutout, the fourth of his career. Romeo hasn’t allowed a goal in his last two games where he has faced 42 combined shots. The Buckeyes outshot Colgate 44-19, their most shots on goal this season.Game 2Ohio State’s offense was balanced in its win against Colgate on Friday, scoring once in each period. While the Buckeyes weren’t scoring as often Saturday night, a late goal still allowed Ohio State to come away with the series sweep.The nets were untouched through the first two periods of the game, with Ohio State outshooting Colgate 23-18 through the first 40 minutes. In the third period, however, the Buckeyes ramped up their shooting as time ticked away, outshooting the Raiders 13-6 in the final period and 36-24 overall.Senior forward Dakota Joshua scored the only goal of the game with less than 10 minutes remaining in the third period and was assisted by senior forwards John Wiitala and Brendon Kearney. The power play was a struggle for both teams on Saturday, as neither team could convert on any of the four power play attempts they were given. Though Ohio State has struggled offensively on the power play, the penalty kill has slowly improved. The Buckeyes are now killing 80 percent of the penalties they are facing, only allowing eight all season, and they haven’t given one up since their 2-2 tie at Bowling Green in October.Sophomore goaltender Tommy Nappier provided the second shutout of the series and his second of the season, saving all 24 shots he faced.This is the first series that Ohio State has shutout its opponent in both games since they played UAH in Nov. 2011.No. 7 Ohio State will return to Columbus next weekend to take on the No. 20 Wisconsin Badgers. read more