Freelance photographer gunned down in Rio de Janeiro

Tag: 苏州桑拿

first_img Alarm after two journalists murdered in Brazil February 12, 2007 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Freelance photographer gunned down in Rio de Janeiro Reporters Without Borders voiced dismay today on learning that freelance photographer Robson Barbosa Bezerra was gunned down on the evening of 8 February as he was returning home in Rio de Janeiro. The organisation expressed its condolences to the family and urged the police to investigate the possibility that he was killed in connection with his work.“If it is confirmed that the motive was linked to his work, Barbosa will be the eighth journalist to be killed in connection with their professional activity since 2002,” the press freedom organisation said. “Brazil continues to be dangerous for independent, local journalists. While not ignoring his police record and personal conflicts, we urge investigators not to rule out a professional motive. Barbosa believed he was under threat and his murder looks like a contract killing.”Barbosa, 41, was killed at around 8 p.m. as he was returning to his home in the north Rio de Janeiro district of Abolição. He was parking his car when gunmen fired eight times, hitting him in the head. Police found 1,600 reals (600 euros) in cash, a gold-plated ring and his watch on the body, as well as his credit card and personal documents including a National Federation of Journalists (FENAJ) membership card. This rules out theft as a motive.Barbosa had reported receiving threats and being attacked a few days before his murder. While not so far ruling out that it was connected to his journalistic work, the police have pointed out that he had a police record. In December, he was arrested in the course of physically attacking his former wife, Renata Mathias. As well as being prosecuted for conjugal violence, a complaint was a lodged against him after a recent altercation with a colleague.The O Globo newspaper reported that police inspector Carlos Gomes questioned his mother, his sister, the caretaker of the building where he had his office, and a fourth person who has not been identified. Help by sharing this information News Follow the news on Brazil Receive email alerts to go further Organisation Reports BrazilAmericas center_img 2011-2020: A study of journalist murders in Latin America confirms the importance of strengthening protection policies May 13, 2021 Find out more April 27, 2021 Find out more News RSF begins research into mechanisms for protecting journalists in Latin America RSF_en BrazilAmericas News April 15, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more


Tag: 苏州桑拿

first_imgFull-year profits at Mr Kipling owner Premier Foods have fallen by almost 10% in what the company described as a challenging year.Premier’s underlying trading profits fell 9.3% to £117m, the company announced today (16 May) in its full-year results, while adjusted profit before tax was down 11.8%.The business reported a 1.4% year-on-year decline in sales to £790.4m, with underlying sales down 1%.“This financial year has been a challenging one for the industry, with the return of food inflation and changing retailer promotional strategies,” said Premier chief executive Gavin Darby.“Despite this, we have grown market share in six of our eight largest brands, outperformed many of our peers in the latter part of the year and accelerated international sales growth to 18%.”In January, Premier Foods became one of the many UK suppliers to say they would be increasing prices in the wake of the Brexit referendum and the consequent fluctuation in the value of sterling.Today Darby added that the business was continuing to invest in brand innovation and marketing, that its customer relationships remained strong, and that it had recently agreed a £32m reduction in cash payments to its pension schemes over the next three years.Recent innovations by the business included the national roll-out of its first gluten-free Mr Kipling products.Referring to the recent agreement to renew its licence with Mondelēz International to produce and sell Cadbury cakes, Darby said he was excited by global strategic relationships such as this and Premier’s deal with noodle supplier Nissin.“This year has started on a solid footing; we are very pleased to announce an extension of our bank facilities and the proposed issue of a new bond. We plan to deliver progress in FY17/18, while noting this progress is expected to be weighted more to the second half of the year.”Premier recently announced a cost savings programme expected to deliver £20m over the next two years.last_img read more


Tag: 苏州桑拿

first_img382 Tamborine Oxenford Rd, Upper Coomera.Mr Wade bought the property, which also comes with a five-bedroom waterfront house, in 2011 and spent $500,000 transforming the bakery into a 1950s American diner.“My dream was to turn this place into a drive-through diner and to have my cars on show,” he said.“Originally the cafe was a bakery and when we were renovating it we decided to keep the old bakery doors and the old bakery oven.”Mr Wade landscaped the property and put in a parking lot for up to 10 vehicles.While the house comes with a pool and tropical design the cafe frontage is fitted out with a mens and ladies bathrooms as well as a large entertaining deck. 382 Tamborine Oxenford Rd, Upper Coomera.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North3 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa22 hours agoMr Wade, who has a collection of 28 vintage cars including three Rolls Royces, said his diner dreams ended a month after he bought the property when his wife fell ill.“We decided to rent it out to two ladies who opened up Happy Days Diner,” he said.“Happy Days Diner was named after the American sitcom and it was here for a few years. The business was great, people would pull over the side of the road and come for lunch on the way to Tamborine Mountain,” he said.“It was kind of like a pit-stop cafe, it was really swinging. Owner Rod Wade with his 1929 Model A Ford, known as the Rattler, at the front of his 50s garage style cafe-house. Rod is looking for a buyer for his cafe which has been out of business since it took a nose dive from the floods and Rod is hopes to see it brought back to life. Picture: Glenn Hampson“There was 50s paraphernalia every where, Marilyn Monroe posters on the walls and Elvis Presley tunes playing.“It took a nose dive after the 2013 floods because the bridge access was flooded and cut the customers off from the cafe.”Mr Wade said he wanted to see the cafe brought to life again.“I just hope someone buys it and gives it a good go because it deserves that,” he said. Owner Rod Wade inside his 50s garage style cafe-house. Rod is looking for a buyer for his cafe which has been out of business since it took a nose dive from the floods and Rod hopes to see it brought back to life. Picture Glenn HampsonSTART your engines — vintage car enthusiast Rod Wade’s retro cafe is revving up for a hot auction.The Upper Coomera property was a dream-come-true for the 75-year-old who brought to life a pit stop cafe from the ruins of a rundown bakery.The Upper Coomera property at 382 Tamborine-Oxenford Rd is a flashback in time with Coca Cola swivel chairs on the deck and checkered floors throughout. 382 Tamborine Oxenford Rd, Upper Coomera.“There are so many people who drive up this road everyday, especially on the weekend I would say even if one per cent of people stopped the cafe would be running hot again.”Sandra Blake and Mark Colefax from Professionals Freedom Realty are marketing the property.last_img read more



Tag: 苏州桑拿

first_imgFrontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients  Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC But Global hit back five minutes later with Roberts latching onto a through ball from Paolo Salenga before firing home at Khairulhin Khalid’s near post.Global spurned the last chance of the match when Dennis Villanueva fired off target after a fine ball from Paul Mulders in stoppage time. Team Philippines takes home tale of triumph from Turkmenistan Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary MOST READ BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong Citycenter_img But Global conceded five minutes from time as Fabian Kwok beat Patrick Deyto with a well-struck shot from just outside the box, leaving it all to play for heading into the second leg on Saturday at Hougang Stadium.“I’m not happy with the result,” said Global coach Akbar Nawas, who missed injured stars Misagh Bahadoran and Amani Aguinaldo.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“We had the chances to bring a better lead into the second leg, but we didn’t. We only had 13 players available, but I didn’t want to make excuses.”The S-League side took the lead in the 28th minute when Delwinder Singh headed home a corner at the far post. Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Daryl Roberts scored twice as Philippines Football League side Global Cebu earned a 2-2 draw against Hougang United in the first leg of the RHB Singapore Cup semifinals on Wednesday night at Jalan Besar Stadium in Singapore.Looking to become the first Filipino club to reach the finals of the tournament, Global took a 2-1 lead in the 68th minute when Roberts, a former Trinidad and Tobago international, grabbed his second from close range.ADVERTISEMENT Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president LATEST STORIES Read Next View commentslast_img read more


Tag: 苏州桑拿

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Chelsea boss Sarri: We need balance in January transfer windowby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveMaurizio Sarri has admitted Chelsea will need to cull their squad in January, and hinted about the position of any new arrivals.The Blues suffered a shock defeat to Leicester City at home on Saturday.Cesc Fabregas made a rare appearance in the Premier League as a substitute and Sarri suggested this was because of the excessive size of his squad.”At the moment we are too many. We have 28 players and it’s impossible to use all of them. I think 25 is the right number,” the Italian said.”We have a lot of offensive midfielders and we have only [N’Golo] Kante as a defensive midfielder, so it’s not easy now for the midfield to have the right balance.” last_img read more






Recent Comments